Monday, September 16, 2013

Adjusting

The past 3 weeks have been all about adjusting. 
I started grad school, my position as a grad assistant, and a new job all within 2 days of each other.
Needless to say the last 3 weeks have been quite tiring, but I'm starting to figure out a routine. 
Even with all of the new things going on in my life, I've managed to stay on track with my goals. 
Today I'm starting Week 3 of C25K with my roommate. 
We've never made it past Week 1 before, so this is a big accomplishment for us. 
This time we're making it through all 9 weeks, NO MATTER WHAT.

GYSTS has been going pretty well. I'm down 3.6 pounds since I initially weighed myself on September 2nd. 
I went shopping at Costco over the weekend and stocked up on some healthy essentials...including a 10 pound bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts.
I have some free time today which will be spent doing meal prep. 
Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the farmers' market over the weekend because I had to work all day on Saturday. 
I won't be able to go this Saturday either because of work womp womp.

Trying to find balance in all areas of my life is what I'm struggling with the most right now. 
I have a lot going on and I know I'm not the only one. 
Adjusting to my new routine has been a challenge. 
I'm usually exhausted by the time I get home, but I know before too long I will get used to everything. 
How do you adjust to a new routine? 
 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on all your achievements lately!! That's awesome (Also, thank you SO SO much for voting for me in the competition I'm in - you rock and I so appreciate it!)

    ReplyDelete